To encourage the building of energy efficient homes, Bellbird Developments will reward owners that build beyond the New Zealand Building Code with up to $20,000 in cash back incentives. In addition Bellbird Developments will pay some PHPP modelling and certification costs.
Energy Modelling can accurately and instantly predict how your future house might perform when built. The earlier you model your house plans the more informed decisions you can make for better outcomes.
It is a requirement for anyone building in Greenwood Lane to model their sketched designs (concepts) with an approved PHPP (or equivalent) passive house designer. Bellbird Developments will pay up to $3,000 to cover the initial cost of modelling your home. (Most likely this amount will also cover further modelling to assess the impact of design changes, or to certify for the cash back incentive).
Building Performance Cash Incentives
Bellbird Developments is offering either $10,000 or $20,000 cash, based on either of the following criteria being achieved within 5 years.
A Passive House has a maximum energy requirement of 15kWh per hour per square meter of conditioned floor area, and an airtightness requirement less than 0.6 air changes per hour at 50 Pascal (equivalent of a windy day).
Option 1: Building Beyond Code – $10,000 Cashback
You will qualify for $10,000 cashback if:
- Your house has a heating demand of 75kWh/m2 per year as measured by energy modelling the house plans, and;
- An airtightness result of 3 air exchanges per hour as verified by a blower door test.
Option 2: Low Energy Building Standard – $20,000 Cashback
You will qualify for $20,000 cashback if:
- Your house has a heating demand of 30kWh/m2 per annum as measured by energy modelling the house plans, and;
- An airtightness result of 1 air exchange/hour as verified by a blower door test.
- Note “A Low Energy Building” is a certifiable International Passive House Institute standard.
If you would like to have your home certified as either a “Passive House” or a “Low Energy Build” within the next 5 years, Bellbird Developments will, in addition to the cashback incentives above, contribute up to $2,000 of the certification fee.
Energy Efficient Building Resources
We have pulled together various downloads and links which should help you on your energy efficient building journey…